LOW BLOOD PRESSURE | HOME REMEDIES
Published By deepti_bindra on 2011-12-18 9091 Views
Low blood pressure(hypotension) is caused when the pressure by which blood is circulating in the arteries goes down below the prescribed limit that is below 120/80. When blood pressure is low, the flow of blood is not enough to provide enough oxygen to vital organs such as brain, heart, kidney. The organs can’t function normally and if the blood pressure is too low the organs can get damaged temporarily or permanently. In allopathic treatment there is no permanent cure for low blood pressure. You have to be on medicine all your life. On the other hand low blood pressure can be controlled effectively by simple home remedies.
Common symptoms of low blood pressure are weakness and laziness in body. If the blood pressure is too low the person gets fainted and in extreme cases he can go too comma too.
Following are some home remedies and precautions that must be taken for controlling the low blood pressure effectively.
1. Always drink 10 -15 glasses of water daily. Dehydration often causes low blood pressure.
2. Intake a little more salt in your meals. This is the most common home remedy for low blood pressure. You can add some salt in your water bottle too.
3. Take hot espom bath when your blood pressure goes down. Add 5 kg of salt in hot water. Bath 10 – 15 minutes with this water before going to bed.
4. Taking a walk after the meals also helps a lot. It brings your blood pressure to normal.
5. Keep your head elevated while sleeping.
6. Laughter for 10- 15 minutes as the first thing in the morning helps in controlling low blood pressure.
7. Start doing breathing exercises daily in the morning. It helps very much as it provides necessary oxygen to the vital parts of the body. Pumping less oxygen to the vital parts of body is the major drawback for a person suffering from low blood pressure. It is although the best home remedy for low blood pressure. Doing breathing exercises daily can permanently cure low blood pressure.
8. Include a little physical exercise also in your daily regime. But heavy exercises must be avoided and you must take breaks while doing normal physical exercise. As heavy exercise may lower your blood pressure further.
9. Try eating 5 small meals daily instead of eating 3 big meals. This helps a lot in controlling low blood pressure.
10. Whenever you feel loose or dizzy take 2 tblsp of honey in water with to pinches of salt. It is an instant home remedy for low blood pressure.
11. Another very effective and most commonly used home remedy for low blood pressure is beetroot juice. Drink a cup of raw beetroot juice twice a day.
12. Pomegranate juice is also very helpful in controlling low blood pressure naturally. You can also eat raw pomegranate daily.
13. Soak 10 -15 raisins overnight. In the morning chew each raisins thirty times before swallowing. Do it as first thing in morning i.e. stomach. This is very effective home remedy for low blood pressure and shows immediate and long lasting results. Do the above for at least a month.
14. Drink almonds milk as a first intake in the morning. To make almond milk soak some almonds in water at night. In the morning make a smooth paste and mix it in milk. Boil the milk for a while. Drink it hot.
15. Drinking carrots juice daily is also an effective home remedy for low blood pressure.
16. For instant relief in low blood pressure drink dark coffee.
17. Another yummy home remedy for low blood pressure is eating dark chocolate. Coco beans contains antioxidant rich flavonoids. It helps in treating low blood pressure and also enhances the functioning of blood vessels.
18. Eating uncooked cottage cheese also is a good home remedy for low blood pressure.
HOME REMEDIES FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA