PSORIASIS is chronic a disease that shows up in form of inflamed, red, dry scaly patches on skin. It is very irritating as it causes itching and redness on the affected area. In some cases psoriasis gets inti the nails too and in rare cases psoriasis develops into psoriasis arthritis. There is no immediate cure for psoriasis. But one has to make changes in lifestyle to minimise the effects of psoriasis. Along with lifestyle changes there are some home remedies to cure psoriasis. Home remedies have proved to be very effective for treatment of psoriasis. Following are some home remediesand life style changes for psoriasis cure.
1. Moisturising:-During psoriasis dry itchy patches are made on different part of your body. So the very first home remedy for psoriasis is to moisturise you body from outside as well as inside. Drink lots of water during the day so that your skin remain hydrated. The person suffering from psoriasis should apply unscented moisturiser or cream on their body at least 3 to 4 times a day. This will save your skin from damage caused by dryness. Moisturising is the most effective and essential among home remedies of psoriasis, but often neglected by its sufferers.
2. Take a bath:- whenever you feel that your skin has become dry take a bath. Be sure not to spend too much time in bathing as it will remove the essential oils from your body. While bathing opt for a mild soap. Harsh soap will make your skin dry and can cause itching. Use a mild super fatted soap with moisturiser. Always apply moisturiser or petroleum jelly immediately after the bath. It will lock the moisture retained during the bath.
3. Wet wraps:- Wet wraps are very effective home remedy of psoriasis. Wet wraps should be applied after taking a bath or before going to bed. Apply moisturiser after the bath on the affected area and after that cover the area with wrap(soaked in lukewarm water). Your skin will be moisturised for long time and also will be safe from infection. But don’t keep the skin wrapped too long as your skin will become soggy.
4. Apple cider vinegar is very effective in treating itchy scalp caused by psoriasis. Add a cup of apple cider vinegar in water and rinse your skin with it. It will sooth your skin and give you relief from itchy scalp.
5. You can also apply ice cubes on the areas of your skin effected from psoriasis. You will get relieved instantly from pain and irritation.
6. Apply aloe vera gel on the areas affected by psoriasis gives relief from psoriasis. For better results mix garlic oil in equal proportions and get a good home remedy for psoriasis.
7. One of the best ways to treat psoriasis is taking sea baths. Take sea baths regularly or
8. Psoriasis scale can be treated by applying warm olive oil on the scalp. After applying olive oil gently massage so that scaly patches on skin are removed and the shampoo the affected area as usual and rinse thoroughly. You can also add 2 teaspoon of olive oil in a glass of milk and add it in your bathing water to get relived from psoriasis outbreaks.
9. Mineral oil and vegetable oil(a cup in a bucket of water) can also be added in bathing water to soak the aching skin.
10. Always use shampoos, creams and bath additives which contains tar. Tar containing oil is also very beneficial when applied on the psoriasis effected skin. These OTC products are very successful in treatment of psoriasis.
11. Chamomile tea is very useful in treating psoriasis. You should drink tea to get relived from psoriasis. Also apply cool down chamomile tea on the scaly patches of psoriasis on skin.
12. Apply neem oil on the itchy scalp caused by psoriasis. Neem oil is anti fungal and anti bacterial. It will soften the skin and will also sooth irritation.
13. Take hot Epson bath. It will help you very much in curing psoriasis. After taking Epson bath apply olive oil on the skin.
14. To treat psoriasis internally drink the juice of a cup bitter gourd mixed with one tsp of lime juice daily empty stomach for a few days.
15. Applying flaxseed oil daily to the area of skin effected from psoriasis helps in moisturising and healing the disease and is a very good home remedy for psoriasis.
16. Castor oil is very helpful in treating itchy scalp of psoriasis.
17. Applying fish oil on the areas affected from psoriasis proves to be very helpful in treating psoriasis.
18. Avoid injuries to your skin as they will worsen psoriasis.
19. Try to reduce your weight as obesity makes psoriasis harder to control.
20. Always use skin care products such as soaps, creams very carefully. Use mild soaps that contains moisture.
Causes of psoriasis are not known but treatment of psoriasis is possible by constant application of above home remedies.