Suntan is the major skin problem in summer season. In summer, melanin content in the skin increases due to UV sun rays. Melanin makes the skin tone darker. You can’t remove its effect overnight. But its effect can be minimised by the use of simple home remedies for suntan. It may take at least a week to lessen the effect of sun tan. One should avoid going out in sun from 11 AM to 4 PM in sunny days and avoid exposure to sun. Use of sunscreen (at least up to 30 SPF) is must before going out. If your skin has already get tanned use the following home remedies for sun tan naturally at home .
- Take raw milk add a pinch of turmeric and some lemon juice in it. Apply on your face and other sun tan affected areas. Leave it till dry. Now wash the face with water. This face pack will give you an instant relief from sun tan. All the three ingredients in this face pack are known for curing sun tan naturally.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and apply on the face. Wait for 20 minutes and then wash the face with water. Sugar is an excellent cleansing agent. Lemon is great for curing sun tan. For dry skin you can add few drops of glycerine in this pack.
- Cucumber is very effective in treating sun tan. It also has cooling effect and also helps in curing sunburn too. Take 2 tblsp of cucumber juice and one tblsp of lime juice. Add a pinch of turmeric in it. Mix well and apply on the areas affected from sun tan. Leave for 20 minutes and after that wash the face. This is an excellent face mask for curing sun tan naturally for oily skin. Its cooling effect soothes the skin. Again for normal to dry skin one can add some drops of glycerine in this face mask.
- Potato also has properties to reduce sun tan. Grind potato and make a thick paste. Add some lemon juice in it and apply on the face and other parts of your body effected by sun tan. Wait for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash with water. This mask is a very effective home remedy for sun tan.
- Apply yogurt on the areas affected by sun tan. Yogurt is very effective in reducing sun tan. You can apply yogurt on your skin daily. For better results add tomato juice in yogurt. Tomato juice can be also applied alone to treat sun tan.
- Use aloe vera juice for curing sun tan. Aloe vera juice has been proved a very good home remedy in treating sun tan. Apply aloe vera gel at bedtime.
Soak saffron in fresh cream all night. In the
- Another effective home remedy for reducing sun tan is to apply buttermilk. Buttermilk cures the sun tan and also makes your skin smooth and supple. You can apply buttermilk daily.
- Gram flour is also very helpful in curing sun tan. Mix gram flour with water(rose water is preferred) and make a paste. You can also add a pinch of turmeric powder in it. Apply on the face. Leave it till dry. It will also gave a glow to your skin. For dry skin you can add milk cream in this face pack.
- Papaya has proven to be very good for facial skin. Take some mashed papaya and apply on the face. It will heal the sun tanning and makes your skin glow.
- Appling coconut milk on face daily also helps in reducing sun tan.
- A great face mask for curing sun tan naturally for oily skin is made by using sandalwood paste. Take sandalwood paste add some milk and a pinch of turmeric. Apply on your face and wash after 20 minutes.
- Mutani mitti(Fuller earth) has also shown great results when used as a home remedy for sun tan. Add tomato juice in fuller earth and apply on your face. You can also add gram flour and multani mitti and a pinch of turmeric to cure sun tan. Both the face packs are wonderful anti sun tanning masks for oily skin.
- Add oatmeal powder , grounded almonds, grounded dried orange peel and milk. Make a paste. Apply on the face for 20 minutes. Great face mask for sun tanned skin. It cleanses, scrubs and lightens your skin tone.
Use above home remedies for sun tan and cure sun tanning naturally at home.