The only method by which to cure obsessive compulsive disorder is through meditation. By meditating daily for five to ten minutes you can change the pattern of your thoughts
When a person is trapped in pattern of unwanted, continuous thoughts or obsessions and get caught in a compulsions of repetitive behaviours such as repetitive cleaning, repetitive counting in mind, repetitive checking of things that is senseless. This is called obsessive-compulsive disorder. It is extremely difficult to came out of this disorder. These compulsions are very hard to avoid. Obsessive-compulsive disorder may become chronic. For example some may develop an obsession
Obsessive-compulsive disorder can affect adult and children both. If left untreated it could ruin ones capacity to work.
The only method by which to cure obsessive compulsive disorder is through meditation. By meditating daily for five to ten minutes you can change the pattern of your thoughts. Meditation is actually the process to repairing a person’s thought pattern.
Following is the meditation technique by which you can control your thought pattern and teat obsessive compulsive disorder :-
1. Imagine yourself as a soul(a sparkling star) different from the body and located at the centre of the forehead between the eyebrows. You the soul is the owner of this body and radiations from you(the point of energy is vibrating in all parts of your body).
2. Now visualize yourself in the land of peace and stillness in your original home i. e. in paramdham(a place above the stars oval in shape and fill with golden red light where God lives with his children).
3. In your original home visualize as if you are in front of God which is also a soul(supreme soul) . He is the source of unlimited energy and power.
4. Powerful radiation of peace and stillness is coming from God and you are absorbing those rays.
5. You are feeling as if you are united to the ocean of peace.
7. You are becoming free from all negative obsessions.
8. Generate the thought that now I can differentiate between the wrong and right thought.
9. Feel that you can pull out yourself from the unnecessary and unwanted thoughts and obsessions.
10. Joined with the supreme power you are feeling protected.
11. Your will power is increasing many foils and your determination to finish these useless repetitions is increasing.
12. Your control on the self is also increasing.
13. Now feel as if you have come back to your seat i.e. between the eyebrows.
14. You are now a more determent soul. The radiations of peace is coming out from you and are vibrating in your surroundings. Try to be with this thought for a minute or two.
15. You are peaceful soul.
Along with this meditation technique following are the additional tips to cure obsessive compulsive disorder.
1. Whenever you feel caught in the unwanted pattern of thoughts start watching yourself as a soul different from the body. Now start observing the thoughts. Observing your thoughts is the first step towards managing them. By observing you can check the quality of thoughts. And decide that if they are necessary or not. Also by observing the thoughts unnecessary thoughts vanish by themselves.
2. Make a habit of checking your thoughts once in a hour.
3. For every one minute in an hour take a break from your work and visualize yourself as a peace full and determined soul radiating radiations of peace every directions.
By using all these meditation techniques and tips gradually you can cure obsessive-compulsive disorder. The negative and waste thoughts depletes our energy level as well as our capability at work. So when you came out of this unwanted thought pattern you will feel more energetic and your capacity to work will increase. You will feel more enthusiastic and will enjoy life more than ever before.